William Hill Sportsbook Review for 2019
William Hill is one of the longest-tenured sportsbooks in the world, having started back in 1934 in the UK. They opened their first online sportsbook in the UK in the 1990s, and entered the U.S. market in Nevada in 2012. William Hill quickly moved to enter the New Jersey market when betting was legalized in the state in 2018. See our full review on the site below.
- Website – www.williamhill.us/new-jersey
- Launched in 2018
- Licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Email – [email protected]
- Telephone – 1-855-754-1200 Hit & Misses
- Long-running and well-respected in the industry
- Great mobile app that has won awards
- Top-notch Live Betting options
- Not a lot of withdrawal options
- Cash at one of their in-person sportsbooks
- Sports Betting – 5/5
- Reputation and Licensing – 5/5
- Betting Markets Variety – 3/5
- Bonuses and Promotions – 4/5
- Deposits and Withdrawals – 3/5
- Software and Graphics – 5/5
William Hill Info
- Betting Site: williamhill.us/new-jersey
- Established: 2018
- Country: USA
- Support: [email protected]
- Free Bonus: $50
William Hill NJ bonus and betting promotion – July 2019
William Hill is currently offering a promo code that will give you $50 in free bets on the site if you place a bet worth $50 of your own. Once you place the bet, it will take 14 days for the free bet to arrive into your account.
William Hill bonus code 2019 - all details
888 Sportsbook Promo Code WH50 No Deposit Bonus $50 if you place a $50 bet Partnered Casino Monmouth Park, and Ocean Resort Casino Online Since 2018
William Hill VIP Program
While William Hill offers a number of ongoing promotions, they don’t currently offer a VIP or Loyalty Rewards program for players.
How to register for William Hill
To join the action at William Hill online sportsbook, you simply need to navigate to their website and click the yellow “Register” button that is located in the upper left hand side of their homepage. Once you do that, a pop-up window will appear asking you to enter your basic information, including your name, email, address, cell phone number and date of birth. Once you confirm all that information, you can make your first deposit and begin playing. One thing to note is that you must be physically located in New Jersey in order to place a sports wager. This is state law. William Hill’s desktop and mobile versions will verify your location using geolocation services, so make sure you allow them to find your location when you’re prompted to do so. If you don’t, you won’t be able to wager.
William Hill – the Sportsbook at a Glance
Simplicity. That’s the one word that describes the William Hill online sportsbook, both for its desktop and mobile versions. The site has light colors that are visually pleasing, and they separate each of their games and sports by horizontal lines and bold headers. They did an outstanding job of design that makes it very easy for players to enjoy their experience.
Sports Covered and Types of Bets Offered
William Hill may not have the largest variety of sports offered compared to some of their competitors in the New Jersey sportsbook marketplace. However, they do set themselves apart from offering a plethora of wagers on these games. In fact, they offer possibly more options per game than any online sportsbook. They offer moneyline and spread bets, as well as totals, in game betting and futures, which is a feature that some sportsbooks don’t offer. You can always click on the “More Bets” link next to each game, too, to see all the wagers that are currently being offered on that particular game. The full list of sports covered by William Hill includes: Football Baseball Basketball Hockey Hockey Boxing/MMA Golf Tennis Auto racing Tennis Soccer Darts MMA In-Play Betting at William Hill Online William Hill’s live betting feature is called InPlay. The site is continually increasing its InPlay offerings, as they know that this is a type of wager that more and more players are desiring as they get familiar with sports betting in New Jersey. William Hill has an entire section for all their InPlay on the toolbar to the left. They don’t necessarily offer as many wagers of this kind as other sites, although they might start doing it come fall when the major American sports return.
William Hill didn’t offer any Instant Betting options when we visited their site. It’s not something they did in the past, either. However, as mentioned above, this is something they could begin to offer when the major American sports such as the NFL get back to playing in the fall.
Mobile vs. Desktop
William Hill offers a very clean and sleek desktop and mobile version of their site. The desktop version is particularly easy to use and easy to read. They make it very easy to see all the main betting options on the homepage. They also don’t litter the page with too many promotions or anything that would distract a player from what’s most important – the wagers available. They offer upcoming alternate bets, such as whether a player will hit a home run in a game tonight, as well as the most popular games that are going on or coming up right from the homescreen. All sports and games are separated nicely by horizontal lines and blue bolded headers, and the dates and times of the games are listed as well. William Hill’s mobile URL directs players to download their mobile app, which is available on both Android and Apple devices. The great news here is that their mobile apps are award winning. They are clean, easy to use and quick to respond. It’s almost easier to use the mobile app than the desktop version, which is impressive considering the desktop version is solid. Desktop Screenshots
William Hill Live Scoring and Stats
William Hill doesn’t provide any stats at all for any games that are upcoming. They do offer a pretty impressive stats and live updates feature for games that are currently in progress, though. For a recent Africa Cup soccer game, for example, William Hill provided stats such as shots on target, shots on woodwork, corners, goal kicks, penalties awarded, etc., for each team. They also provided an interactive, live-updating field on the screen showing each major play. This is a pretty cool interactive feature that players can enjoy watching as they try to make decisions for InPlay wagers. It would be nice if they offered more stats for games in advance for research, but William Hill decides to focus on other areas instead.
William Hill Sports Betting markets
William Hill arranges their sports offerings by Popular sports and then All Sports on the left toolbar.
William Hill Customer Services
William Hill has an excellent offering of customer service tools, which will make players of all types happy. They offer a Live Chat function on their website and through their mobile apps. They can be reached directly by phone at (855) 754-1200. And they can also be reached directly via email at [email protected] Their customer service team has an outstanding reputation of providing great service.
About William Hill the company and partnering casino
William Hill has been in the sportsbook industry since 1934. They began by taking bets by phone and mail, and then opened their first retail betting shops in England in the 1960s. They were one of the first companies to offer online sportsbooks in the 1990s, and one of the first to enter the U.S. market in Nevada in 2012. They are a very well-respected company and are listed on the London Stock Exchange. They currently have a partnership with both Monmouth Park and Ocean Resort Casino, where they offer physical in-person retail sportsbooks as well as their online sportsbooks.
Summary: Why play on William Hill online sportsbook?
- Bonuses: William Hill offers a decent bonus for new players that’s a $50 match on first deposits. This is a free bonus given no matter whether you win or lose your first wager. They also offer a nice selection of ongoing promotions that change with the season.
- Outstanding customer service: If you ever have a question, you won’t have to worry about where you’ll get answers with William Hill. They have top-notch customer service and can be reached via Live Chat, phone or email directly.
- Betting Variation: While William Hill may not offer as many sports as some of their competitors, they focus instead on offering a large number of wagers on every game. They offer a ton of alternate lines and wagers for sports before the games start as well as for InPlay options as well.
- Product and platform: William Hill has perhaps the best site from a design perspective. There’s nothing fancy about it at all, but that’s exactly why it works so well. Everything is separated nicely and easy to find, and the colors they use were a good choice. Their mobile apps are also award-winning and industry-leading. Overall, what helps William Hill stand out among their competition is the fact that they’ve been in the sportsbook business for so long. No other online sportsbook in New Jersey can claim the long line of experience that they have, even if that experience was mostly gained in the UK. William Hill offers a large number of lines, and even though they don’t offer all the exotic sports that some of their competitors do, this probably won’t be so important to most American bettors. Some of the top bettors in the world have trusted William Hill for years, which is what the company hopes will happen in New Jersey, too.