FanDuel Sportsbook Review for 2019
FanDuel was quick to the sports betting market in New Jersey after sports betting was legalized. They launched their offering on September 1, 2018, making it one of the first to market. Its main competitor in the Daily Fantasy Sports market, DraftKings, was first in August. Like DraftKings, FanDuel had a lot of loyal players already from its days in Daily Fantasy Sports, and it’s also a digital-first company.
- Website – www.sportsbook.fanduel.com
- Launched in 2018 • Licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Email – [email protected]
- Telephone – 1-877-689-0662 Hit & Misses
- Great sign-up bonuses
- Excellent interface that is clean and sleek
- Nice variety of deposit/withdrawal options
- Not as many betting markets as some of its competitors
- Online Bank Transfer
- FanDuel Prepaid Card
- Wire Transfer
- Cash at the Meadowlands Racetrack
- Checks mailed in to the company
- Sports Betting 5/5
- Reputation and Licensing 5/5
- Betting Markets Variety 3/5
- Bonuses and Promotions 4/5
- Deposits and Withdrawals 5/5
- Software and Graphics 5/5
- Betting Site: sportsbook.fanduel.com
- Established: 2018
- Country: USA
- Support: [email protected]
- Deposit Bonus: $1,500
FanDuel NJ bonus and betting promotion – July 2019
FanDuel is currently running a bonus for new players. It’s a $500 risk-free bet that is offered for new customers to the site. The way it works is FanDuel will refund your first bet if it loses, up to $500, in bonus credits. This allows you to make another wager if your first one on the site loses.
FanDuel bonus code 2019 - all details
888 Sportsbook Promo Code None needed No Deposit Bonus Risk-Free Bet Up to $500 Partnered Casino Meadowlands Racetrack Online Since 2018
FanDuel VIP Program
FanDuel doesn’t currently offer a VIP or Loyalty Program.
How to register for FanDuel
Registering for FanDuel is very simple and straightforward. All you have to do is to go their website and click the green “Join Now” button in the top right corner. You will then be asked to fill out all your pertinent information and confirm your account via email. Once you do that, you will be allowed to deposit money into your account and start wagering. Like other sportsbooks in the state, you have to allow FanDuel to verify your physical location before they will allow you to place a wager on the site. This is due to the state’s rules regarding sports gambling. You do not need to be a resident of New Jersey to place a bet. However, you do need to be physically located in the state when you are placing a sports bet on FanDuel.
FanDuel – the Sportsbook at a Glance
FanDuel provides a great user experience. Both the desktop and mobile versions of the site are simply laid out, with pleasant white background, black text and blue highlighting the available wagers. This makes it easy to see everything you would want on a sportsbook. FanDuel also makes it extremely easy to find a sports and game to wager on through their various menus.
Sports Covered and Types of Bets Offered
FanDuel offers all the main popular American sports to bet on. However, compared to some of the other sportsbooks on the market, they don’t offer as many markets or sports to wager on, which is a little disappointing. One of the biggest positives to FanDuel, though, is they offer very favorable lines and odds for players. In fact, they always try to offer lines that are slightly better than those from their competitors to try to attract new players, and it’s working. The lines and odds aren’t as great for their Live Betting options, but they aren’t bad, either. The full list of sports covered by FanDuel includes: Football Boxing Basketball Hockey Darts Soccer Golf Tennis Hockey Rugby Union UFC/MMA Darts Baseball Cricket Tennis MMA Motorsports Cycling In-Play Betting at FanDuel Online FanDuel knows how important In-Play betting is to sports gamblers today, so they make sure to make it front and center at their sportsbook. They have a “Live” tab on both their desktop and mobile versions that provides all the games that are available for In-Play betting. Overall, this is one of FanDuel’s biggest strengths. They offer almost as many Live betting options as they do traditional pre-game wagers. This is one area where players may choose to go with FanDuel over some other sportsbooks in the market in New Jersey.
FanDuel offers some more immediate results wagers through its Live betting section. These Instant Betting options allow players to place a wager on an event within a game or match that would come to pass before the end outcome of the game. For example, in a recent Wimbledom Women’s match, players could wager on: Who will win the Set 3 Game 1: the partnership of Michael Venus/Raven Klaasen or Robert Farah;Juan Sebastian Cabal?
Mobile vs. Desktop
FanDuel’s mobile and desktop versions are outstanding. As mentioned before, it is very pleasant on the eyes, and it’s very easy to navigate as well. The homepage defaults to the popular games to wager on, which are based on the games that are either currently going on or are upcoming. These popular games change with the season, too. On the desktop version, it’s easy to navigate by Sport A-Z down the left side of the page. The mobile version offers a sleek and easy-to-use scrolling menu at the top, which makes it very easy for players to use. Mobile players can either access the FanDuel site through a mobile browser or by downloading mobile apps for both Android and Apple devices. It’s nice that they offer both of these mobile options, as some of their competitors don’t.
FanDuel Live Scoring and Stats
FanDuel doesn’t provide a lot of stats or information for pre-game research, but they do offer good stats for live games. In fact, FanDuel also provides an interactive display of the action as it’s going on as well. For example, in a recent Wimbledon Men’s doubles match, they provided the scoring as the game was going on, as well as an interactive video of the play as it was happening. For a select few games, FanDuel even provides a link to watch the game live, streamling through their site. This is a feature that is unique to FanDuel, as it’s not really available on any other online sportsbook platform.
FanDuel Sports Betting markets
FanDuel organizes the sports on their homepage by Popular sports and then a Sport A-Z section. The Popular sports are based on what sports are going on now and being bet on by players.
- John Deere
- NBA Summer League
- Australian Rules
- College Basketball
- College Football
- Motor Racing
- Pro Baseball
- Pro Football
FanDuel Customer Services
FanDuel has an entire customer service team dedicated to their online sportsbook. This is great, because players know they won’t have to share customer service time with the division that handles the Daily Fantasy Sports. FanDuel has customer service reps available 24/7 both through a Live Chat on the website as well as via phone at (877) 689-0662. They also have a direct email address that they provide in case you want to get in touch with them that way – [email protected]
About FanDuel the company and partnering casino
FanDuel was founded in 2009 as a Daily Fantasy Sports provider, and is based in New York City. They launched their sportsbook operations in New Jersey in September 2018. FanDuel partnered with the Meadowlands Racetrack in the northern part of the state to offer its online sportsbook. In addition, they also offer a retail sportsbook at the racetrack, which has helped it earn the top spot in sportsbook revenue in New Jersey in recent months.
Summary: Why play on FanDuel online sportsbook?
- Bonuses: FanDuel offers a great welcome bonus for new players, refunding losses on first bets up to $500. At times, FanDuel will also offer deposit bonus matches, as well as other ongoing promotions.
- Great banking options: FanDuel offers perhaps the most number of choices for deposits and withdrawals. This might not initially seem like the most important thing to look for in a sportsbook, but if you can’t deposit and withdrawal money, how are you going to wager? FanDuel’s offerings are potentially the best among all sportsbooks in New Jersey.
- Betting Variation: FanDuel offers a wide variety of bet variations and number of wagers. On any given day, too, they may offer more Live Betting options than normal pre-game wagers. This is great as the trends in sports betting continue to lean toward In Game betting.
- Product and platform: FanDuel’s platform is one of the best on the market, and they provide desktop, mobile versions as well as mobile apps on both Android and Apple devices. Their platform is one of the ways in which FanDuel sets itself above its competition. Overall, FanDuel is one of the better online sportsbook platforms in New Jersey. It’s especially great for anyone who played Daily Fantasy Sports with them before, as the platform and interface is extremely similar and familiar. It’s easy to access FanDuel no matter where you are in the state, which is a huge plus. From a wagering standpoint, even though FanDuel may not offer as many betting markets as some of the other sportsbooks in New Jersey, most bettors will be more than OK with their offerings – since they do feature all the most popular American sports. They also offer so many different options to bet on those sports that it could offset the fact that they don’t offer some of the exotic sports.