DraftKings Sportsbook Review for 2019
DraftKings Sportsbook was the first company to market with an online sportsbook in the state of New Jersey once sports betting was legalized in the state. The company has long been a leader in the Daily Fantasy Sports world, which made it very easy for it to expand and offer sports betting on an impressive online platform quickly. The company already had a stable of players, and was a leader in online sports. Let’s take a detailed look at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Website – www.draftkings.com/sportsbook
- Launched in 2018
- Licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Email – [email protected]
- Telephone – fill out form to be contacted at https://www.draftkings.com/help/contact-us/sb
Hit & Misses
- Great sign-up bonus
- Mobile-first company with lots of experience
- Ton of promotions and contests
- No direct phone support
- Play+ Prepaid Card
- Sports Betting – 5/5
- Reputation and Licensing – 5/5
- Betting Markets Variety – 4/5
- Bonuses and Promotions – 5/5
- Deposits and Withdrawals – 3/5
- Software and Graphics – 5/5
- Betting Site: draftkings.com/sportsbook
- Established: 2018
- Country: USA
- Support: [email protected]
- Deposit Bonus: N/A
DraftKings NJ bonus and betting promotion – July 2019
DraftKings Sportsbook is offering a current promotion that will give new players a risk-free bet of up to $500. The way it works is that DraftKings will match your first bet up to $500. Through the month of July, you must use your free bet within 30 days of placing your first bet. The free bet is not included in your winnings or returns, and it’s also not redeemable for cash, is non-transferrable and is non-refundable.
DraftKings bonus code 2019 - all details
DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code None needed No Deposit Bonus $500 free bet Partnered Casino Resorts AC Online Since 2018
DraftKings VIP Program
DraftKings Sportsbook does not currently offer a VIP or Loyalty program.
How to register for DraftKings
Registering for DraftKings Sportsbook is very easy. You simply go to their website, and click the green “Sign Me Up” button in the middle of the screen. When you go to their site for the first time, you will see the promotion for the risk-free bet up to $500. To sign up, you will have to enter in all your pertinent information and verify your email address. Please also note that the software will need to verify your location using GPS services, so make sure to allow that to access your location. State law requires that you be located in New Jersey when placing sports wagers. You do not need to be a resident of New Jersey, just located in the state at the time you’re placing your bets.
DraftKings – the Sportsbook at a Glance
Much like its Daily Fantasy Sports site, the DraftKings Sportsbook is very sleek. It’s extremely easy to navigate, with a navigation bar up top offering quick links to the more popular sports that are going on right now. These sports change with the season, too. They also offer an A-Z Sports selection to navigate by sport. The main page also has a scroll of all the sports that are upcoming and the games that are currently going on below.
Sports Covered and Types of Bets Offered
DraftKings is one of the leaders when it comes to sports covered and types of bets offered. They have all the mainstream types of betting that any American sports bettor would desire. One of the downfalls of DraftKings Sportsbook, though, is that the lines and the odds often aren’t as favorable to players as they may be on some other online sportsbooks. Sometimes, the odds on MLB games, for instance, tend to be as much as 20-30 cents worse for players than they are at other sportsbooks. DraftKings does offer a great feature called a Cash Out, where you can cash out your bet before the game officially ends. This would allow you to collect your winnings while your team is winning if you’re worried the outcome of the game might switch. It could also allow you to mitigate any losses if the game isn’t looking good as well. The full list of sports covered by DraftKings includes: Football Boxing Basketball Hockey Darts Soccer Golf Tennis Hockey Rugby Union UFC/MMA Darts Baseball Cricket Tennis MMA Motorsports Cycling In-Play Betting at DraftKings Online DraftKings is also ahead of the game when it comes to In-Play betting. They call it Live In-Game betting, and there is a link to see all of the offerings available at the top of the website. As a leader in the digital sports gambling industry, DraftKings knows that Live In-Game betting is very popular. That’s why they offer so many In-Play betting wagers on just about any sport – not just the “major” four American sports of football, baseball, basketball and hockey.
DraftKings offers some Instant Betting lines, which allow you to make a wager on a more immediate outcome than the final score of the game. On the day we visited the site, during the summer, there weren’t as many Instant Betting lines available as there probably will be in the fall, when football, hockey and basketball join baseball as sports that are playing. They did offer Instant Betting options on soccer, though, such as: Europa League Qualifying. Who will score the next goal: Ordabasy Shymkent (-560) or Torpedo Kutaisi (+350)?
Mobile vs. Desktop
DraftKings Sportsbook provides an amazing user experience for players whether they are on desktop or mobile devices. This should not be surprising, as the company had a few years to refine their platforms with Daily Fantasy Sports. The desktop version of the site is sleek and easy to read. The dark background and the white text make it easy to read, and the available bets being highlighted in green is a nice touch, too. For mobile users, DraftKings refers you to download their mobile apps, which are available for both Android and Apple devices. While you can navigate to their site on a mobile browser, once you sign in, you are directed to download the app. The mobile version is excellent, too, which again, should not be shocking since DraftKings is a mobile-first company from the start.
DraftKings Live Scoring and Stats
DraftKings is a stat-heavy company, and it shows in how many stats they provide, both while a game is going on as well as pre-game. The pre-game information is excellent for players who want to do research on a game before placing a wager. For example, previewing an upcoming MLB game, DraftKings offered stats on walks issued, stolen bases, strikeouts thrown and total bases for each team. They provided information on the probable pitchers, “Fun Facts” on each team and head-to-head stats as well. For games that are in progress, DraftKings provides basic stats. Again, though, the only games going on when we visited the site were Wimbeldon and soccer, which aren’t stat-heavy sports. These stat offerings may increase when sports such as baseball, football, basketball and hockey resume play.
DraftKings Sports Betting markets
DraftKings offers a lot of different sports to bet on. On the main page, they list all the games that are upcoming for the day, as well as all the games that are live, broken down by sport. In the top tool bar, they list the popular games that are available to bet on currently, as well as an A-Z Sports drop down box. Currently, this includes.
- John Deere Classic
- Wimbledon Men
- African Nations Cup
- NBA Summer League
- Wimbledon Women
- Cricket World Cup
- Australian Rules
- Rugby Union
DraftKings Customer Services
DraftKings is very digitally-focused, and that comes through in the customer service options they offer as well. They offer 24/7 customer support through a Live Chat feature on both their desktop and mobile versions, which is one of their most popular and useful customer service tools. They also offer direct email support, which players can access at [email protected] While they also offer phone support, you have to go to their website and fill out a form to get a call back. That URL is https://www.draftkings.com/help/contact-us/sb.
About DraftKings the company and partnering casino
DraftKings started way back in 2012 as a provider of Daily Fantasy Sports. They are headquartered in Boston, and offer weekly fantasy sports for 10 professional sports to players in the U.S., UK, Malta, Germany, Ireland, Austria and Canada. They launched their sportsbook in New Jersey in 2018. In fact, they were the first company to do so. DraftKings has a partnership with Caesars Entertainment. This allowed them to start offering their online sportsbook in August 2018. In November that year, they also launched a retail sportsbook inside Resorts Casino in Atlantic City.
Summary: Why play on DraftKings online sportsbook?
- Bonuses: DraftKings offers a ton of sign-up bonuses as well as ongoing promotions that reward you for depositing money into your account – whether you are a brand new player or an experienced one.
- Number of betting markets: There are plenty of sports that are offered to wager on through DraftKings Sportsbooks. Players will not be disappointed in what’s available to them. There’s hardly any major American sports or games that are not offered, both for pre-game wagering and in-game wagering.
- Betting Variation: DraftKings provides a ton of betting options. They are particularly strong in Live In-Game betting, where they stand out from their competition. They also provide a ton of information and stats for players to research before making their wagers.
- Product and platform: DraftKings has always been a digital-first company, since they started as a Daily Fantasy Sports provider back in 2012. It really shows in their online sportsbook as well, as they have one of the best products and platforms on the market. DraftKings was the first sportsbook to market following New Jersey legalizing sports gambling. That made them the unofficial leader of online sportsbooks in the state, and for good reason. They are one of the best providers of online sportsbooks, and that comes from their long-standing experience with sports gambling with Daily Fantasy Sports. Players will be very pleased with what they find at DraftKings Sportsbook, including the ease of navigating to find bets. Two downfalls of DraftKings are the limited number of deposit/withdrawal options and the odds, which are sometimes not too good compared to competitors. Still, that shouldn’t deter players from joining DraftKings.