BetStars Sportsbook Review for 2019
If BetStars sounds like a familiar name to online gamblers, it’s because it is the same company that producers the extremely popular online poker platform, PokerStars. The company launched BetStars in September 2018 as a player in the sports betting marketplace in New Jersey, using some of the same technology, features and offerings that made it so popular in the online poker world. Take a look at our in-depth review of the site below.
- Website – www.betstars.nj.com
- Launched in 2018
- Licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Email – only available by form fill-out
- Telephone – only available by form fill-out Hit & Misses
- Nice selection of promotions and bonuses
- Very nice interface and mobile app
- Doesn’t have the greatest customer service
- Not great pricing on sports wagers
- Instant Checks
- Stars Transfer
- Resorts Cage
- PokerStars Play+ Card
- Sports Betting – 4/5
- Reputation and Licensing – 5/5
- Betting Markets Variety – 4/5
- Bonuses and Promotions – 4/5
- Deposits and Withdrawals – 4/5
- Software and Graphics – 5/5
- Betting Site: betstarsnj.com
- Established: 2018
- Country: USA
- Support: E-mail form
- Welcome Bonus: $500 Risk Free Bet
BetStars NJ bonus and betting promotion – July 2019
BetStars is not currently offering a deposit bonus. However, they are offering up to a $500 Risk Free Bet for new players. New players who sign up on the site can place their first bet and get up to a $500 refund as a Free Bet if that wager loses. You need to make a deposit in order to qualify for the free bet.
BetStars bonus code 2019 - all details
- BetStars Sportsbook Promo Code None needed
- No Deposit Bonus
- Up to $500 Risk Free Bet
- Partnered Casino Resorts AC
- Online Since 2018
BetStars VIP Program
Much like their sister site, PokerStars, BetStars offers a Stars Rewards program. Players earn rewards points every time they place a bet (they also earn similar Stars Rewards in online poker and other games). When you collect enough points, your progress bar will fill up, and your Chest will be loaded with random rewards. These include Free Bets as well as StarsCoin that you can use to make purchases in their Rewards Store.
How to register for BetStars
Joining BetStars is easy. All you have to do is go to their site and click on the green “Join” button in the top right corner. You’ll be asked to fill out all your pertinent information and confirm your account via email. You will need to be physically located in the state of New Jersey in order to place a bet through BetStars. This means you’ll want to make sure you enable the location services that the site requests from your computer or mobile device, otherwise, you won’t be allowed to wager. You don’t need to be a New Jersey resident to play; you only need to be located in the state.
BetStars – the Sportsbook at a Glance
BetStars is very mobile-focused. As such, their mobile version of the site looks excellent, but the desktop version looks a little clunky. Still, it’s very easy to read with the color scheme they’ve chosen, and it is very easy to find whatever bet you may want to make. They offer a toolbar at the top to find a bet by sport, and they also offer upcoming popular bets on the homepage.
Sports Covered and Types of Bets Offered
BetStars is still working to add more sports and bets to their online sportsbook. Players who are looking for more exotic sports or bets (or those unpopular in the U.S.) might not prefer BetStars. However, they do offer all the main sports that most American sports gamblers are looking for, and they are adding more on an ongoing basis. The full list of sports covered by BetStars includes: Baseball Basketball Boxing/UFC C Cricket Cycling Darts Tennis Football Golf Hockey Darts Motor Sports Rugby Union Soccer MMA Tennis In-Play Betting at BetStars Online BetStars calls in In-Play betting In-Game, and it’s listed prominently on their site directly to the right of the “Home” button. There are quite a lot of In-Play wagers offered, even in the summer when there aren’t as many games happening in the American market. BetStars breaks down its In-Play betting offerings by sport, or you can view all of the In-Play options together on one screen.
Like some of their competitors, BetStars includes their more immediate wagering options, known as Instant Betting, on the same page as their In-Play. For Men’s Tennis games, some of these wagers include: Who will be the Set 1 – Game 12 winner? Paolo Lorenzi (-300) or Daniel Elahi Galan (+188)
Mobile vs. Desktop
BetStars is a mobile-focused company. As such, their mobile offering is pretty impressive, and their desktop version looks a lot like a mobile device. This really simplifies the look no matter what device you’re using, although it does take away from the functionality and look of the desktop version. Still, it’s very simple to navigate the BetStars site, which is what is the most important part anyway. In fact, by simplifying the look, BetStars actually ensures that the desktop experience is seamless with their mobile experience. This means players won’t have to adapt to different layouts or looks if they switch from desktop to mobile betting. BetStars offers mobile apps for both Android and Apple devices, but they don’t offer a mobile version that you can access through a mobile browser. When you go to their URL, they direct you to download their mobile app. The mobile app is especially impressive. It’s very easy to navigate and even do research on upcoming wagers. This is something that is often not very easy to accomplish on mobile versions or apps of other online sportsbooks in New Jersey.
BetStars Live Scoring and Stats
BetStars has perhaps the most impressive live scoring and stats information among all sportsbooks in the market. They offer a great variety of stats and information, both for games that are currently being played as well as for games that are upcoming. This makes it easy for players to see what’s happening in a game currently that they might place an In-Play wager on, or for research on a game they might place a pre-game wager on for later. In a recent Europa League Qualification match, for example, BetStars showed an interactive field with a play-by-play of every major play that was going on. The field updated in real-time as every pass was being made from one player to the next, and they even labeled the passes as “ball safe,” “attacking” or “dangerous attacking.” This lets players follow along with the game action, which is amazing. They also showed statistics such as red and yellow cards per team, corner kicks per team and a percentage breakdown of time in dangerous attack zones. For a preview of an upcoming MLB game, BetStars had statistics for each team on walks issued, stolen bases, strikeouts and total bases. They provided won-loss results in games played head-to-head between the two teams, positional standings for each team including their record over the last 10 games and even win probabilities for each team for the moneyline, run line and over/under. A player really couldn’t ask for much more in terms of statistics and information provided by an online sportsbook.
BetStars Sports Betting markets
BetStars lists popular games currently going on and upcoming on the main section of their homepage. They also categorize sports at the top toolbar by the most popular sports in America. They also offer a drop-down box for All Sports to the right.
- Summer League
- Motor Sports
- Rugby Union
BetStars Customer Services
Where BetStars does best in customer service is through their Live Chat feature, which is available 24/7 on both desktop and mobile app versions. Beyond that, though, the company doesn’t offer a very good customer service offering at all. In order to contact someone at the company via telephone or email, you have to fill out a form at the PokerStars website, which is sort of odd. That page is https://contact.pokerstarsnj.com. BetStars does offer a pretty good information and FAQ page, though, so you may be able to answer your own question by searching through that page.
About BetStars the company and partnering casino
BetStars is owned and operated by The Stars Groups, which also runs the brand PokerStars. It’s a publicly-traded company that is based out of Toronto, and they hold gambling licenses throughout the world. As such, they are a very well-respected and regarded company. In New Jersey, BetStars partnered with Resorts AC to offer the online sportsbook in the state.
Summary: Why play on BetStars online sportsbook?
- In-Play: BetStars offers a great selection of In-Play betting, which may actually be the most popular type of sports wager that sports gamblers are looking for nowadays.
- Stats and information: If you are a stat junky or don’t like to look around for your information, you can do all your research right on the BetStars site. The company provides perhaps the most information of any sportsbook on the market, making it easy for players to do their research and place their bets all on one page.
- Betting Variation: While BetStars doesn’t have as many betting markets as some of the other sportsbooks out there, they make up for it by offering a large number of wagers for the games they offer. This helps keep it fresh and new for all their players.
- Product and platform: Even though BetStars forces mobile users to download an app, they still provide an outstanding platform for players. In fact, it’s one of the more impressive mobile platforms available. The desktop version actually looks like a mobile version, which has its positives and negatives, too. Overall, BetStars is a pretty good option when it comes to online sportsbooks in New Jersey. While we would like to see more sports markets offered (and some better lines, too), there are more than enough wagers to choose from to keep most sports bettors happy. The company is particularly strong with the platform, especially the mobile apps, which are easy to use for everything you’d want to do. The biggest downside to BetStars is that their customer service options are lacking considerably. If you don’t need to contact customer service, though, you shouldn’t be too disappointed with what’s offered through the site.